What is an MES?
What benefits can be expected by implementing the AspectPL MES?
“The traceability AspectPL provides, gives our customers confidence that we can meet their quality, capacity and delivery requirements.”
What is live production scheduling?
How does an MES improve scheduling?
Why are spreadsheets a poor option for planning production?
- Spreadsheets are slow and labour intensive.
- Spreadsheets are vulnerable to (human) mistakes.
- Paper spreadsheets are not easily shared and changes are not easily communicated.
- Spreadsheets are not agile enough for real time planning and analysis.
“As soon as we installed AspectPL we scrapped the paper production plan completely.”
Costs, Implementation, ROI and Support
What does it cost to implement and run AspectPL?
How long does implementation take?
In what timeframe is there an ROI and what productivity gains can we expect?
- Increases in productivity (OEE) of 10-15% year on year
- Reduced initial scheduling time by 2 or more days per month and 20 hours reporting time per week
- Increased utilisation of machines by up to 95%
- One plant reported operational savings of $400k in one year
- Another site reported generation of 15% more revenue, with 20% fewer staff, and they no longer work on the weekends
- On average for AspectPT customers, every 1% improvement in OEE is worth approx. $50k per year
- OEE increases greater than 5% per year are achievable. Time is money, and it’s vital to improve the production performance of expensive capital equipment on the floor.
Is it true AspectPL offers unlimited users?
What technical support does AspectPT offer?
“We saw a return on investment within 6 months. AspectPL is an essential tool for us now.”
ERP/ MES Integration
Can AspectPL really integrate with any ERP system?
My ERP vendor says they can offer a similar system and it will cost a lot for them to integrate with AspectPL.
What is the difference between an ERP and an MES?
Will implementing an MES leverage more value from our ERP?
Why is the ISA-95 standard important for MES and ERP integration?
What controller is used for the plant interface – is it Industry 4.0 ready?
“With AspectPL we are now able to plan what we are physically able to do. Before the plan was theoretical.”